About the Mission
Singapore has become the epicenter of Southeast Asia. The Southeast Asian region not only accounts for one billion consumers, the market is less saturated than in the US and the EU and English is the language of choice.
Increasingly, Singapore is considered as one of the world's most interesting tech hubs. This is no coincidence, because the government is doing everything to create an attractive environment for digital entrepreneurs, and the number of Western startups that set up shop in Singapore is growing exponentially. The city is also the most important ‘smart nation’ in the world, with projects that go way further than anything you’ve seen in the US and in Europe. Moreover, the country is known throughout the world as the most prominent fintech hub in Asia. Singapore is also building what will become one of the most advanced and technology driven new ports in the world.
This mission to Singapore is centered around four topics: smart cities, cleantech, fintech and logistics.
While we're at it, we will also participate in Innovfest Unbound, South East Asia's strongest and largest tech conference of the year, where you'll meet all the big corporates and other organizations that are active in the city-state as well as in neighboring countries. We'll have a Belgian isle at the conference, where all the participating startups and scale-ups get a booth for two days!
Smart City Tech is a proud partner for the Singapore mission.
Discover the program
We're still working on the full program, but here's already a first look at what you can expect:
- Introduction & matchmaking session at Block71, Singapore's #1 startup hub
- A dedicated visit & session at the Singtel Innovation Centre. Singtel is Asia's leading telco and communications group.
- A closed pitching session for Belgian startups to local investors
- A networking event with Belgian Business Group Singapore
- Introduction to the Singapore tech and startup ecosystem and to the investor scene by Arnaud Bonzom (Map of the Money)
- A speed dating session with IPI Singapore (Intellectual Property Intermediary Singapore) co-organized together with Smart City Tech.
- Full participation in Innovfest Unbound, Singapore's #1 tech event, where you'll meet all important corporate and governmental organizations that are active in the city state
- Participation in the 'Belgian Networking Café', which will be held at the official 'Urban Experience' evening program of Innovfest
- Introductions to Belgian companies active on the Singaporean market (Newtec, Onsophic, ...)
As the mission starts on the morning of June 24, participants should arrive in Singapore on Sunday June 23 and can fly back home either on Friday-evening June 28 or on Saturday-evening June 29. We recommend to book your flights with Lufthansa (via Frankfurt) or with Cathay Pacific (via Hong Kong).
- For startups, the price for this mission is 1.590 euro per person, excluding VAT.
- For other organizations, the price for this mission is 2.990 euro per person, excluding VAT.
- For accommodations, we recommend Hotel G in Singapore for this mission. Most of the delegates will stay in this centrally located hotel, that offers very attractive prices.
Subsidies & Funding Opportunities
Startups and scale-ups can get a subsidy of Flanders Investment & Trade, Brussels Invest and Export or Awex (depending on where your startup/scale-up is based) for this mission that covers about 50 percent of the costs. It's important that you send them your dossier at the latest two weeks before departure.
Discover available subsidies based on where your company is located:
Other subsidies you can explore:
Antwerp-based startups can be eligible for a voucher covering up to 75% of the Go Global mission (excluding VAT).
Meet Our Go Global Partners
About Flanders Investment & Trade
Flanders Investment & Trade (FIT) promotes international enterprise in Flanders in a
sustainable way as a key factor in the social and economic development of our region. FIT does so by
supporting the international activities of Flemish companies and by attracting foreign investors to
About EFRO / VLAIO
The EFRO program by VLAIO is one of the structural funds created by the European Union aimed at achieving regional policy objectives. With this, the European Union wants to reduce the differences between the levels of development of regions. Therefore, they grants subsidies for projects that increase competitiveness and stimulate employment.
About The Brussels-Capital Region
hub.brussels aims to contribute to the sustainable development of the Brussels economy by fulfilling a triple task:
- Providing counsel, tools and support for Brussels economic projects and the project leaders, so as to make sure they are successful both in Brussels and abroad
- Detecting, generating, initiating and attracting new economic, technological and commercial opportunities in Brussels and abroad
- Helping the authorities to formulate and implement a proactive economic policy and to ensure a stimulating entrepreneurial ecosystem.